Frequently Asked Questions
Give us a call at 816.881.8270 or email email@example.com.
Have questions? We have answers.
Click on a question to reveal the answer.
Does Missouri Bank have an app for my mobile device?
Missouri Bank has custom apps for iPhones and Android devices.
What is mobile by mobank?
Mobile banking gives you 24/7 access to your accounts from your mobile Web browser or a downloadable mobile banking application, depending on your preference and your mobile device capabilities. Both options allow you to: view account balances, search recent account activity, transfer funds and pay bills.
How do I sign up for mobile by mobank?
Registered Personal eBanking customers can enroll in and use mobile by mobank. If you are not a Personal eBanking user, click here to enroll.
I'm not enrolled in Personal eBanking. Can I still use this?
Nope. You have to enable your bank account(s) for Personal eBanking before using mobile by mobank. If you are not a Personal eBanking user, you can enroll here.
Can I use both mobile banking and text banking on my phone?
Yep. You can use both options from the same phone. Sign on to Personal eBanking and select “mobile banking ” under the Administration tab. Enroll for both “mobile” and “text” banking, and activate each option on your phone to begin using these services.
Can I use mobile banking and/or text banking on more than one phone?
Yep. Visit the mobile banking center in personal eBanking on your computer and simply enroll the additional phone. You’ll go through the activation process for each phone.
Which wireless carriers are supported?
We support most U.S. wireless phone carriers, including AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon. If your carrier is not listed when you enroll, select “Other” and try the “Mobile Web” option, or check back later as new carriers will be added over time.
How much does this service cost?
There is no charge to use mobile by mobank. However, there may be charges associated with text messaging and data usage in your carrier’s plan. Check with your wireless carrier for more information.
Do I need a text message or data plan?
Yes, a text messaging and/or data plan is typically needed as data usage can become expensive without them. Please check with your wireless carrier about this.
Is it secure?
Absolutely. mobank uses best practices for online banking, including HTTPS, SSL encryption, PIN and/or password, and application time-out when your mobile device is not in use. Only the mobile devices that you personally enroll in the service can access your accounts. In addition, no account data is ever stored on your mobile device. In the event your mobile device is lost or stolen, the service can be immediately disabled within your Personal eBanking or by calling us during regular business hours at 816.881.8270.
Which mobank accounts can I make transfers to/from?
Transfers can be made to and from your own personal mobank accounts.
How do I know if my transfer was successful?
A confirmation message should display on the screen.
The confirmation message for a transfer includes:
- Transfer amount.
- Accounts you are transferring to and from.
- Date of transfer.
What happens if I get a new mobile device or change phone numbers?
If you get a new mobile device or change phone numbers, be sure to return to the “mobile banking center” in Personal eBanking on your computer and change your device information. We recommend removing your old mobile device and re-enrolling your new mobile device.
What should I do if my mobile device is lost or stolen?
If you are concerned about misuse of your mobile device, contact your mobile service provider immediately to stop all wireless service.
Additionally, sign on to Personal eBanking and disable or remove your mobile device by following these steps:
- Go to the administration tab.
- Select mobile banking.
- Select disable device (if it's recovered, you can easily re-enable your device).
- Or, you can select remove device to completely remove it from the system (if your device is recovered, you will have to go through the activation process to begin using it again).
Need help? Give us a call at 816.881.8270 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do I need a new User ID and password to use mobile by mobank?
Nope. Your Personal eBanking User ID and password will also be used for mobile banking. If you are not a Personal eBanking user, click here to begin the enrollment process from your home computer. The enrollment process will allow you to set up a User ID and password.
I enrolled my phone number but didn’t receive a text message. What should I do?
Typically you should receive a text message within a few minutes after enrolling. Sometimes mobile carriers experience delays that slow down text message delivery. While waiting, make sure your phone has a wireless signal. In addition, be sure you entered your phone number correctly on the enrollment site. If you still do not receive it, try to enroll again. If the problem continues, contact your wireless carrier to ensure text messaging is enabled on your phone.
Can I pay bills with mobile by mobank?
Sure can. You can schedule mobile bill payments to existing payees (payees that you have already set up for Bill Pay in Personal eBanking).
To add a new payee, sign on to Personal eBanking from your computer, select the "Payments" tab, and enter the requested information in the "Pay someone new" box. Once the new payee has been successfully added, you can make payments to them through mobile bill pay.
How often can I deposit checks on the mobank mobile app? Can I deposit more than one check at a time?
- Checks must be deposited one at a time, but there is no limit to the number of deposits you can make per day. After a mobanker has reviewed a deposit, it will post to your account.
- Deposits must be received by 6 p.m. to be made available the same day. Any deposit after this time will be posted to your account the following business day.
- Most checks will be deposited without issue. Traveler’s checks and some money orders and cashier’s checks will need to be deposited the old-fashioned way, due to the way they are formatted.
Is mobile by mobank as secure as other mobank online services?
Mobile banking offers the same security features and protection as our other online services, including encryption and security questions.
- Firewall systems and intrusion detection software.
- Encryption of sensitive information that protects information sent over the Internet.
- Internationally recognized security standards and industry best practices.
- Profile and password security.
What are some tips to keep my mobile banking experience safe?
- Download and apply security updates and patches to your mobile browser when your wireless provider makes them available. These are designed to provide you with protection from possible security problems.
- To prevent viruses or other unwanted problems, do not open attachments from unknown or untrustworthy sources.
- Do not install pirated software or software from unknown sources.
- Prevent unauthorized access to your cellphone. Do not leave your mobile phone unattended during an open mobile banking session.
- Never save your User ID and password in the mobile phone, in memos or anywhere on your device.
- Always remember to log off properly using the "Sign Off" button when you have completed your banking.
- Be aware of the potential for fraudulent mobile banking apps.
How do I securely leave my mobile session?
Select the “Sign Off” button and confirm to completely sign out of mobile banking.
Does mobile banking require software to be installed on my cellphone or smartphone?
It depends. If you have an Android or iPhone, you can download apps that will take advantage of your smartphone features. We also offer browser-based mobile banking or text-based mobile banking that does not require any software to be loaded on the mobile device.
What is mobank text banking?
Text banking gives you access to your accounts via text (SMS) messages on your phone. It's a fast, easy way to check your personal account balances and view recent account history by sending a text command.
Is text banking supported on my phone?
Text banking will work on any text message (SMS) capable phone from one of our supported carriers. There is no charge associated with the service. However, there may be charges associated with text messaging and data usage on your mobile device. Check with your wireless carrier for more information.
Will I receive unsolicited text messages from mobank?
No. You will only receive messages from us when you specifically request them with one of the text banking commands or if you subscribe to Personal eBanking account alerts and/or service alerts sent to your mobile device.
What are the Text Banking commands?
|Balance||B||Summary of available balances for all accounts|
|History||H||Summary of recent transactions per account|
|Command||C||List of all available Text Banking commands|
|Help||HE||Help content for Text Banking|
|Login||L||Receive a URL for the Missouri Bank Mobile Browser website|
|Recover||R||Receive a URL and new activation code for the Missouri Bank Mobile Browser website|
|Disable||S||Disable Text Banking (can be re-enabled)|